Friday, December 14, 2007

Divorced Parents and Christmas Time

So it's Christmas time and almost time for me to go home. This year I am going home to a confusing situation. I did it in July but going home around a holiday is a little bit different. My relationship with my mom continues to be strong but my relationship with my dad is crap as it always has been. He insist on picking me up from the airport when I get home yet he hasn't called me for a week. My mom was and is the one I always talk to and spend time with. I ask my dad tonight (when i call him because of course he doesn't call me) what is going on for Christmas he says nothing. So then in my head i go "great, then I can spend it with my mom." But would this be being a good child? I am so conflicted. I want to be with my mom. My dad and I have nothing to talk about and our convos on the phone are never more than 3 minutes. I am just confused and know what I want to do and think I know the right think to do but they are definitely conflicting at the moment.

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Yay a new post! Ok, so here's what you do. Do what you want to do! From what it sounds, this would mean spending Christmas with your mom. That doesn't mean that you don't have to see your dad at all on Christmas. Spend the day with your mom and then go by your dad's for a little while in the afternoon (that's how the Howard's work it ;)