Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back Home

So I am back home and am starting to get sick. I was with my sister all week who was running fever and had a cough and now I am starting to get a sore throat which doesn't really make me happy.

New Orleans is a bit of a mess. Last night I came and checked on my apartment and didn't have power. I slept at my dads. This morning I came back and am lucky enough to have power and cable. We are supposed to go back to work on Monday and I hope we do because I am getting slight cabin fever.

I was going to go grocery shopping today as I have no food in the house. We learned from Katrina to empty out freezers/refrigerators. But they are so under staffed at this point that there was a line out the door waiting. They would only let so many people in at one time. Maybe tomorrow I will do that. Today I was just not up for it.

There are downed power lines all over and traffic lights are kinda touch and go but hopefully everyday it will get better.

All eyes are on Ike now hoping it will leave us alone. We have had about all we can handle for the next 100 years.

No comments: