Saturday, September 6, 2008

Worrying about Ike and trying to focus on work

So it looks like we might be evacuating again next week.  This hurricane crap is ridiculous. It makes it very difficult to focus on the rest of life.

Tonight I am sitting at a coffee shop creating power points for work. I use the Saints as a way to teach geography to my kids. I saw it done when I was an undergrad and it worked beautifully. I have a large us map on the wall of my classroom and I stick a pin in NOLA and a pin in whatever city the Saints are playing in or against. I then use a string to connect the two places and mark it off with the distance. I create a short power point on the city they are playing to teach them a little geography about the place. I just created the power point for Tampa as that is who they are playing this week. Let me tell, nothing to interesting about Tampa. The next week the Saints play the Redskins so that has some more information about it. Thank goodness.

Cross your fingers for our city or pray or whatever you do. We need it.

No comments: