Monday, April 23, 2007

Holes

So even though the Newbery Challenge doesn't start until May 15th I just finished reading Holes by Louis Sachar. I have always enjoyed Louis Sachar especially his Wayside School series which I love reading to my second graders.

As for Holes ... it was an easy read but a great story. It is about a boy named Stanley Yelnats that ends up in a juvinile detention type center. At this particular center, they are forced to dig holes all day long. They realize they are looking for something but they are not sure what. It is a good book and the story flips back and forth between 110 years ago and the present and how it is all wrapped up in the end it amazing.

I would like to see this movie and see how it came out on the big screen.

1 down, 5 to go.

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Damn...someone's an overachiever ;) Cool, I had no idea what the book was about. Sounds good..