Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Future Plans

I have applied for a program to get a MSW degree here in Florida. I am currently teaching 2nd grade and in the past have taught students with severe/profound disabilities. I have been thinking for about a half an hour tonight about maybe trying to pursue a degree in severe/profound disabilites because I feel like that is where I can make the biggest difference in education. I looked up some programs and FSU has an online program for a degree in severe/profound disabilities. It sounds like a good program and I think I might try it out. I emailed the head of the department for some more information. I don't know. I need a masters and I am confused about which way I should go. Any insights?

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

I think you'd be good in either social work or severe/profound ed. Big difference is in social work you mostly do counseling and it's mostly with people with mental disorders, or you can go the route of community resources. If you like teaching though, I'd go for the severe/profound masters. It's an online class too which is a bonus.