Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Newbery Challenge

So Chris is doing this Newbery Challenge thing so I think I will as well. Seeing as I am a teacher, I guess I should read more children's literature. I have read some of these books and some I am choosing to read again because they are so excellent. So here is my list.

1. Holes - Louis Sachar
2. Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
3. Dicey's Song - Cynthia Voigt
4. Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Patterson
5. Maniac Magee - Jerry Spinelli
6. The Whipping Boy - Sid Fleischman

It starts on May 15 and last through Decemeber so I will be posting my reviews of the books up here. I am going to request a couple from the library now!

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

yay for book challenges! Look at you knowing how to do links now ;P I almost picked Number the Stars but didn't because I'm already reading The Giver by her.

Nattie said...

Thank you for joining the challenge! I love to reread books too.