Thursday, August 2, 2007

One of the Joys of Opening a New School

This year I will be working at a brand new school ... like brand new as construction is still going on. I was there today working a little in my classroom and then helping to sort textbooks. We recieved almost 20 pallets of textbooks and they all had to be sorted by grade and teacher. Some of the boxes were "grab bags" where the people who pack the boxes just throw random things together in boxes. Well I feel like I need to help out in this process because the only other thing I could be doing right now would be laying on my couch. I got a big time workout today lifting 50 pound boxes of textbooks and moving them around. Now my back is killing me. I just kind of look around and say stupid things like "aren't there people in the county that do this?" And apparently that person in the AP. If the AP didn't have teacher volunteers she would be doing all this work herself. I think that really just puts a lot on the AP's shoulders. It's crazy. It also it good to help out because then administration will have a good warm fuzzy feeling about you since you were there helping out when you didn't have to be. Maybe this will help me out later in the year. Good karma.

No comments: