Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good Day

So I had a great day today even though I must have been in my car for almost 4 hours. I got to talk for a long time to my mom and she talked about how much she appreciated me. A year ago my mom left my dad for someone else. She and her boyfriend are getting married next week. My sister and I adjusted to this change well. It didn't affect me as much as it did my sister as she still lives at home. His kids are being ridiculous about the whole thing. They don't understand why he has to get remarried yadda yadda yadda. Oh and they already have families of their own and are older than I by at least 10 years. Its like get over it. Yeah its rough to have your parents divorce but by the time you are an adult it doesn't really affect you all that much anymore. The man my mom is marrying is a great man and I am starting to see how great a marriage can really be. I didn't have a great example growing up and my mom blames herself for it. It's not her fault and I will be fine. It's good to know that I am appreciated.

No comments: