Wednesday, May 9, 2007

8 Cigarettes Away and 9 Days Away

So I definitely though I Sunday when I bought the nictotine gum that I would be chewing it by Tuesday or today (Wednesday.) Not so. Apparently I donn't smoke as many cigarettes a day as I thought I did or I have slowed done to try to savor them for as long as possible. I have discoved over the past 4 days that I only smoke an average of 7 cigarettes a day during the week. It really helps that I can't smoke at work. So it looks like Friday will be quitting time. That stresses me out a little because I always smoke more on the weekends but I am going to do this and get through it. I know I can. I have overcome many hurdles in the past two years and know that this is the last major one that effects my health (I am sure there will be many more hurdles in others facets in my life.)

Just 9 more days with my lovely second graders in the dusty school. It's crazy to know that I have made it through my second year of teaching and will be doing it again next year. I had some challanges this year but overcame them. I will be switching to a brand new school (still being built) and I am really pumped about that but really nervous at the same time because I truely have no idea what to expect. The good thing is I will still be teaching second grade so there won't be too many surprises curriculm wise.

I am going crazy lately at school. Serious summer ADD is kicking in. I wonder if I could even function in a job where I would have to work all year long. Who knows. I will be teaching summer school and I will have about a week and a half break before that kicks in to gear for five weeks.

8 more cigarettes, 9 more days. It is my mantra.

No comments: