Sunday, May 6, 2007

I Want to Be A Quitter

So today I made an interesting purchase while I was at CVS. I made the decision a few weeks ago to quit smoking on May 23rd. Well, I decided I might as well not buy another carton of cigarettes and just buy the gum instead. So today I bought nicotine gum. I have about a pack and a half of cigarettes left that I am going to finish smoking so by Tuesday or Wednesday I will be a using the gum and be in a wonderful mood (I am trying positive self talk.) I am really stressed out about it though because I don't want to fail at it. My smoking is a lot of random habits. Knowing when I light up on the way to work, smoking when I am talking on the phone, etc. My mom said that if I could lose 80lbs like I did, then I should be able to quit smoking. I look back on losing all that weight and think about how easy it was. Hopefully I will be able to look back on quitting smoking and think about how easy that was as well.

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Good luck! Keep something with you that you can hold between your fingers too.