Sunday, May 20, 2007

Just 2 days and The Pursuit of happyness

Just two days left with my lovely second graders. I am so burnt out from the year with them but think I will definitely feel so sadness leaving them and never seeing most of them again (I am moving schools for the upcoming year.) I have a week off before I start teaching summer school to third graders. I am hoping that the week off and the prospect of new students and a much reduced class size will leave me feeling rejuvinated. I am sure that it will be a great experience (positive self talk.)

On to The Pusuit of Happyness. Nothing was on tv so I decided to go ahead and get a movie on demand and I chose The Pursuit of Happyness. It was a really good movie. I cried through a lot of it. To see that people can go through such issues and still come out a success gives me hope for a lot of my students who are not in such dire situations as the characters in this movie but they seem that dire to me.

To any teachers, do you keep in touch with students over the years?

No comments: