Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dad

Talking to my dad is becoming a chore. I don't like to do it and I think it makes my blood pressure rise. He has good and bad days going through all this stuff and today was a not so good day. My sister is sleeping at my mom's tonight but she didn't know how to tell my dad and ended up lying and saying that she was sleeping at a friends. It is just a very delicate situation. My dad and I have nothing in common and he never really asks what I am up to so I just kind offer it up. I get so worried about things. Then my aunt (my dad's sis who is a nun) calls me and reminds me that Sunday is Father's Day. Really no shit. I am 25 years old and happen to be very aware of such holidays. Also she tells me that she is going out of town so I might need to call my dad more. I call him three times a day ... I am not sure what more I can do. I am trying.

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Counselor Chris advice: Bring the 3 times a day down to 1 time a day. That will be better for both your dad and you. He needs to learn to be more self sufficient, but he DOES still need you in his life, especially right now. At the same time, you have your own life and should not bear the responsibility of living his...but as his daughter it would be nice to help him out a little with the adjustment. I'd say for now, ONE call a day would be fine....Three is a tad much.