Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stress

So today has been a little crazy. Last night I went into Orlando and hung out with one of my sorority sisters who was in for a conference so that was cool. I got home early this morning and then tonight I talked to my dad again today and that caused some stress. He was saying things like he thinks my mom doesn't want my sister to live with her because she wants her freedom yadda yadda. I know this isn't true. They are going to a lawyer on Tuesday to see if they can work out things with one lawyer for cost purposes. My friend who i hung out with last night is an attorney so I was talking to her about that situation and asking lots of questions. She said people who get divorced normally only use the same lawyer in about 2% of cases and that she hoped it worked out for them but it probably wouldn't. I am just going a little crazy because I will be there in July and I think my dad thinks that he has me in his pocket so to speak and that I will always be at his house and we will be hanging out the whole time. This is not true. I want to spend time with my mom and my friends as well. I am just not sure how to break this to him. I think it might be best to wait until I got there until I deal with it. My mom said she would talk to him about it but I don't really want that because I don't want him to feel like he has lost his family all together and then maybe he would build a wall towards me because I didn't want to stay with him the whole time. Holidays are going to be hell this year.

No comments: