Monday, June 25, 2007

Newbery Challange #2



So last night in about an hour I knocked out my second book for the Newbery Challange. I read "Number the Stars" by Lois Lowry. I read this book when I was in either 5th or 6th grade. I love this book. I think it helps to make the history of the Holocost more real to children because it puts in into the perspective of children their own age. I like how Lowry discusses in her afterword how she actually based some of the characters on real people from history. I think it shows children how they can stand up for what they believe in and how even though they may be young, they can still help to protect themselves and others.

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Damn! An hour?! I don't think I've ever read this one, but it sounds really good. I'll have to read it. I'm reading The Giver by her for the challenge. I'll call you soon.