Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wearing Jeans on Fridays while teaching and other randoms from my day

So today I went to a meeting at work to discuss different arising things that happen when you are opening a new school. Jeans. I love wearing jeans on Friday to work ... it makes me feel like it is truly Friday. I work at an elementary school so I never thought it made me look unprofessional to the students. So up came the topic of paying a dollar every Friday to wear jeans to establish a faculty fund (in addition to paying the $20 for the year to have parties and stuff.) This aggrevated me so I said something. I thought it was crazy and so did someone else at the table but she isn't as outspoken as I am. In the end, the principal decided that we should only wear jeans once a month and will probably have to pay a dollar. I understand that I guess. For a long time this particular principal was a stickler about pantyhouse and closed toe shoes but she has definitely laxed on that. We can even wear nice looking bermudas (I know what this means but I am sure others do not.) So I am happy that she has relaxed a little one that and maybe the jean thing is just to much for her to take in a year. I understand. But as far as I am concerned khakis and jeans are on the same level. My mother disagrees but I will hold adamatly to this belief. Could someone nominate me for What Not to Wear so I could buy some amazing clothes (I have nice clothes but I lose weight pretty often because I am in a losing pattern and I need better fitting clothes ... I love my clothes FYI.) Ah such is life and I will get over it.

Tomorrow night on the agenda is to learn how to iron while drinking Sangria. Sounds like a plan to me lol. I bought an iron and board today and have never ironed so my friend agreed to teach me how tomorrow night. Then we will meet up with her boyfriend and some fellow umpires (who knows who will show up) so that could be interesting. We shall see.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Drinking+Ironing=Disaster

Anonymous said...

Good luck, make sure you have plenty of water in the iron. Try not to drink to much. It could be bad.